I'm a guy with three pugs who harbors disdain for many things. Welcome to your one stop shopping for all of the useless, mindless bullshit that permeates my brain at any given time.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Oh, The Horror!!

As the Halloween weekend approaches, so does plans for my annual ‘Scary Movie Marathon.’ Every year, I plan out a healthy smorgasbord of horror flicks to watch, and try to get through as many as possible over the course of the weekend. I usually try, at some point, to make it through 24 straight hours of screaming, and blood spattered screens, but tend to nod off here & there. This year I plan to document the festivities here in my Bloda-Blog, and am enjoying every minute of the planning stages.

Today finds me taking an extended lunch break at work to head over to Walmart & Best Buy, to pick up a few more DVD’s to add to the collection. Not really sure what I’m gonna buy, outside of Miike’s ‘Audition,’ a great, screwy Japanese flick. My collection already has most of the classics, so I’m looking to pick up some obscure stuff, or some older flicks from the 70’s that I do not yet have. Outside of that, I have no idea what movies will end up coming home with me. Exciting stuff, eh?

I used to love Halloween when I was younger, and would dress up in elaborate costumes in attempts to win contests, a handful of which I did. From Freddie Krueger to Austin Powers to a guitar totin’ hippie-dude, I used to have fun dressing up & hitting the bars all decked out. Over the last few years, the appeal for dressing up and paying for overpriced drinks has diminished. I fully enjoy watching a full weekend of horror flicks at home, and it tends to be less taxing on my bank account. Just buy a few new horror movies per tradition….buy a case of tasty beer…pack the pipe and sit back & enjoy the bloodshed!

More details to come as the madness ensues once I leave work this afternoon…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home